Saturday, March 28, 2009

Some Kudos

The Headless Werewolf recently gave me the great honour of awarding me a Premio Dardos Award, which "is given for recognition of cultural, ethical, literary, and personal values transmitted in the form of creative and original writing. These stamps were created with the intention of promoting fraternization between bloggers, a way of showing affection and gratitude for work that adds value to the Web."

Such peer attention is wonderful to receive, however the tradition is to pass these on to another 5 blogs. This is where things become a little sticky as there are many, many amazing blogs out there – many of whom are listed in the right hand links box. I have selected five favourites, five blogs that keep me coming back regularly – some post daily, some not so frequently but I am always excited when a new post appears. The guilt then flows at those missed out, but if I listed you in the right hand list it is because I greatly appreciate your work.

I offer the Premio Dardos to (in no particular order):



  • Arbogast on Film



  • Exclamation Mark's Vintage Sci/Fi Horror Review



  • Trash Aesthetics



  • The Groovy Age of Horror



  • The Uranium Cafe


  • I'd also add, to Exclamation Mark, that its good to see you back blogging, buddy.

    In another moment of gratitude I also want to say thank you to my wife. I got home the other day to a couple of small gifts – a wind-up set of walking vampire teeth and a jar of “drunken vampire chutney”.

    7 comments:

    Bill Dan Courtney said...

    Tal

    Thanks for this. I ave actually gotten a couple before but I never really responded the right way. I get really spacey here with maintaining stuff. I have had a lot of headaches lately which I attribute to being in front of a computer monitor too much. I am remiss about leaving comments but I am a visitor here and to some other sites on a regular. I guess sometimes I want to say something more than "great post". But I am often burned out and actually out of things to say.

    So thanks a lot and I will try to acknowledge this and follow up somehow soon. I post recording my podcast another day because of a bad headache I have. I will now go to check out Exclamation Mark, as I lost contact with his blog after he had some technical disaster.

    Bill
    http://uraniumcafe-the.com

    Unknown said...

    Congrats on your award!

    Taliesin_ttlg said...

    cheers guys

    Mark said...

    Thanks so much, mate. I can't think of a warmer welcome back, and from such a personal favorite. I'm truly humbled. ~mark

    Taliesin_ttlg said...

    Mark I know, you know it was heart felt, truly good to see you doing again what you do so well

    Chick Young said...

    Tal - I'm honored and humbled. Coming from you, this is a grand compliment indeed. I'll try and post a bit more this year. It's just so tough with all the other writing making demands.

    Thanks very much mate - many thanks and cheers.

    Taliesin_ttlg said...

    Chick, my pleasure